Saturday 25 July 2009

Slive.com interviews Wesley & Nicky!

Slive.com got the latest news, while interviewing V Factory members Wesley Quinn & Nicky T. Find out the latest on the album status, as well as the band's toothbrush colours :D

Silive.com: V Factory is made up of five guys who love to entertain. They have a passion for making people happy. They know how to sing, they know how to dance -- so why should they not utilize their talents? They have goals, and a dream, and harmony. They've got determination, focus, and optimism.

Who are they? Jared Murillo, Asher Book, Nathaniel Flatt, Nick Teti and Wesley Quinn.

They are everything a modern pop group should be... And maybe, with this cocktail of strengths, they'll take over the charts and be in your iPod soon.

I recently interviewed members Wesley and Nick:

Three words that portray your music:
Wesley: OK, um well three words -- Pop, R&B influences.

As an entertainer, what's your goal?
Wesley: To entertain people. I think that's every entertainer's goal. To, you know, have the audience or whoever is watching you leave happy. Or else, you're not doing your job. So, definitely to entertain a crowd. To at least leave people satisfied.

And your album -- last I heard it was coming out late summer...
Wesley: Yeah, yeah it's coming. It's still going to be late summer, but more toward September-ish. Asher, in our group, has a movie coming out called "Fame." So (the CD) will probably be out around then.

I grew up in the '90s, and while listening to your music I heard some bubblegum '90s influences. You're bringing it back. Do you find any resistance?
Nick: There definitely was some resistance with us being five guys who sing and kind of dance. Definitely some sort of resistance to that kind of movement. But, I think you know that when people get to see us in person and meet us, and when they listen to our music they get a different impression. It's just off the bat there is still a little hesitation with our, I guess, type of music.
Wesley: Especially with the term "boy band" as well.

What's your typical day like now that you're in V Factory?
Nick: I think it kind of varies. We all pretty much, at some point, go to the gym each day. Um, practice some vocals. We all hit the studio. Maybe rehearse dancing. And then, depending on what's going on, we'll be traveling. A lot of times we'll be doing shows or like doing phoners, interviews. Stuff like that. We're always busy doing something.

You do all that... how can you keep up with family and friends?
Nick: Ironically it's easier. Since everyone is so connected, and there is MySpace and Facebook and Twitter. And with Mac's you can do iChat. And texting. There are so many different avenues to keep in touch with people. It's not as "normal" as making a phone call or seeing someone face-to-face, but you kind of have to adjust a little bit. But it could be done. It's not the easiest thing to do because you're always running around. But there are ways.
Wesley: And I personally like my privacy sometimes. (Working) is kind of a break from the world. Some alone time.

What song has inspired you as a performer?
Wesley: Our song, or any song?

Any song at all.
Wesley: "Billy Jean," and all of Michael Jackson's songs. His performances have inspired me to be a performer, cause I mean that he's the greatest performer in the world -- who has ever lived. So I think everyone should look up to his music. His artwork. He's definitely an inspiration to me.

OK, well I just have one more question... the teenybopper one -- what color is your toothbrush?
Wesley: My toothbrush? Mine is actually red.
Nick: Mine is an Oral-B with the white and blue.
Wesley: And Nathaniel has a pink one, I know that one.

Is it electric?
Wesley: Uhhhhh, actually I'm not exactly sure. Is it?
Nick: I don't know, I never use it (laughs).

No comments:

Post a Comment